Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Practice, Practice, Practice…


Old Friends
This quilt was won through a raffle of the local home extension service. I joined their group when in my mid 30’s. Every other member was at least 30 years older than me, some were in their late eighties and nineties.  I had great fun with these ladies. The quilt is quilted by hand and is one that I use on our beds. Some of the stitches are already coming loose. So after practicing stippling on scrap pieces, I decided to practice on the sashing in this quilt, called “Old Friends.”

Here are a few of my stitches that I have played with a bit.
Stippling in the sashing           Close view of stippling          Wider view of sashing         Even wider view of the sashing       Sailboat boat block with my free motion quilting

No comments:

Post a Comment